Calling all women of Dell Rapids and the surrounding areas!! I want YOU to come to a thing, that many might call a workshop, but something inside of me says, no no no. women are tired, they don’t need to work more. They need to rest. And they need to learn how to rest.
I will not be promoting any workshops any time soon. What I will be suggesting though, is a REST-shop.
And so now, you are probably wondering what on God’s green and buggy earth I’m talking about. A rest-shop? What is this? Is this some new multi-level marketing thing I’ve missed?
I’m quite sure you have NOT heard of this my little friends, and that’s because I invented it. Yep. Some of you may know, I’m a mom, and a writer….but an inventor?!
Yes siree bob.
And wanna know why? Cuz I see this as a need. I feel it as a need within myself. Women are craving soul companions. They are hungry for stories from other women who are brave and struggling, and messy, but mostly brave, because here they are–continuing to show up for life with hopes and optimism. The women I’m thinking of are so tired of the lower energies of gossip, and competition, and judgement. And they want to know a different way to be in the world. They sense it’s there, in fact, when they get quiet, they know. But then Billy has a soccer game, and there’s work, and supper, and who on God’s sunny and hot earth–has time to drop out of any old, easy habits of living?!
I mean, how DO you find soul companions? An ad in the paper would look sort of like this: Woman looking for deep conversations, and listeners who hear between all the problems, and have solutions that make a soul glow.
Easy breezy, huh?
I’ve had this question (how do you find soul companions) posed to me enough times to know–it’s a THING. It’s something that I’ve heard: I love my friends and family, but at the same time, I want to connect in a different way. I want to live my life more on purpose.
So, I won’t claim to be an expert on this, but I will tell you that I’ve been very blessed in my life. I grew up and was raised by a Master Life Coach, who cleverly disguised herself my mom. She did all her work out of our small kitchen, at our kitchen table on the phone, or sometimes she went to people’s houses. Through my child’s eyes, it looked like she was just having coffee, or chatting on the phone. But it wasn’t so. She was listening to problems, chewing them up, and spitting out comfort, reaching for a hand and offering a different way to look at the world- new tools for her friend to put into her tool box.
And she does this, still. I have a feeling she will do this until her last day. The coffee is always on, and she is there bustling about, writing letters (another form of her coaching), cussing out the squirrels she feeds, who pay her back by eating her flowers, (little stinkers)….or sitting on her deck enjoying the farm that she and Dad worked so hard for. And when people drive by her house, they find their car turning into her country lane. They are drawn to that kitchen-to that beautiful woman of faith– who they can rely on to listen to them, quiet their thoughts, and come up with a plan.
Oh. And she always feeds them. We cannot forget that.
I learned something so precious from that momma of mine: We women stick together. We support each other positively, and in a way that grows each of us. And so, is it any wonder, that my two best friends I’ve had since the age of 7, are still two of my best friends who I continue to grow with spiritually? I learned how to seek out depth from a very early age. I saw how my mom did this, and I followed suit.
And over the years, I’ve continued my search, and I’m so happy to report, I have more soul companions than a girl really deserves-who I share my life with. And I want to do this for other women. I want to provide a space where women can connect deeply, and meaningfully. I want to take my Momma’s kitchen and transport all the amazing love energy that lives there and bring it here.
I want to hold a 3 hour REST-shops for women where we:
- join together in a loving, spirit-filled environment
- give a voice to the hard stuff, uncomfortable stuff; to the icky aspects of life
- learn new ways to deal with the old problems
- make our very own spiritual first aid kits that we will take with us wherever we go
- honor our own strength and persisterhood
- take our place, as the healers of our families, this community, this earth
- enjoy some rest, relaxation, fill our bellies and our hearts
Do you trust me?
When I came out as a Life Coach, I didn’t want to call myself that. My dear Mary, from Your Joyful Life is a Life Coach, one who coached me during my life in Rapid City, where my Mom’s kitchen was 500 miles away, I had two little kids under the age of 2, and where long distance was actually a thing, and one we couldn’t afford. She stepped out as one of the Angels hiding in plain sight in my life. I’ve learned so much from her, and I continue to. She’s helped countless people get through hard times, start their own thriving businesses, create soul-filled ceremonies and celebrations, and maybe her biggest achievement? She’s a momma who has raised two beautiful grown up children with her equally amazing husband.
And so. Who am I to put myself under that same label, thinks me. So I fumbled around and came up with happiness coach, soul masseuse, inspiration coach…..to which my mom said, oh. okay. HUH?
And then. A blog piece dropped into my lap that said: When you write, write for the lady on the bus. It’s not that she’s dumb, not at all. But she’s tired. Get to the point.
I wish I could find that piece again, to give that person credit for turning me around. I know everyone’s tired. And so I’ll stop trying to send hidden messages; or causing people to google SOUL MASSEUSE– I won’t fool around, ok? I’ll talk plainly: I still want to be all those things….happiness coach, soul masseuse, inspiration coach…but it goes under the heading of Life Coach. People have heard of that at least, even if they don’t know exactly what that entails.
Hi, I’m Lisa Carr. I’m a daughter, a wife, a mom, a teacher, a writer, and a Life Coach.
I did it.
I said it.
Questions you might have:
- Are you qualified for this? Did you get a certification? Yes. No. Let me explain:
- Is this gonna get weird? Yes. Let me explain: Let me explain more: Some of the places we will go, may very well be completely new to you. Not sacrificing-animals-new (please laugh right here or this will be super DUPER weird, and not in the good way), but new to you, nonetheless. Things that will probably come up: Meditation, of all kinds, and yes it may include chanting. Journaling, visualization, EFT tapping, affirmations, vision boards, yoga (as in the body movement, and not just the pants-both of which I highly recommend), and tears. Yep. Get comfortable with them, feeling them sliding down your cheeks, watching others wipe them away. Be prepared for REAL, a common side effect of watching yourself or others connect to their own soul and sense of wonder. If you’ve been living in a margarine life, where everyone is JUST FINE or oh my GOSH so BUSY….it’s ok. But get ready for the taste of real butter, ok? What it’s not: wallowing, 70’s group therapy where we wear our wounds like badges, strange vibes, and we will not be singing Kumbaya . Well, probably not. No promises there. I think we can all agree, it’s a good song.
- Will I get anything out of this? A resounding YES. Or not. Let me explain: If you walk in with an open mind and heart, I can guarantee that you will get your money’s worth…and more. If you walk in, with arms crossed in front of you, waiting to be convinced, or with your guard UP…you will probably leave with the same stuff you walked in with. Make sense?
- What if I just don’t want a group experience? I hear ya. We aren’t all wired the same. With that being said, I would love you to give this a try. And with THAT being said, I’m also totally cool with individual coaching, and will be offering that also. I find one on one coaching to be an amazing way to work intensively on your personal goals and dreams.
- Is this religious? No. Here’s the thing.
If you have followed my blog writing for the past 6 years or so, you know that I’m passionate about spiritual growth and development. I spend more money on these books, online classes, and programs than I do on shoes, people. I’ve been on a quest, one I will be on for the rest of my days here on Earth School: How to Live a Good LIFE. One where I give what I was made to come give. One where I enjoy all the goodness the original Artist, the mystery we call God, made for me. One where I learn to love all of the people in my world with no agenda, or expectation, just pure, open LOVE. This isn’t about religion. This is about love, and it matters not what you call God. You can call it LIFE, or UNIVERSE….or whatever. Really. You hearing me here? This is about no judgment, or categories. It’s about women, coming together, to honor that still, small voice inside of themselves that has grown tired of the shallows, and longs for the deepest depths of the ocean.
Will you join me? I’m saving you a seat.
With so much love in my heart, Lis XOX