There is no way to do this post without going all AUNT AVIS on you. I interchange the word brag with Aunt Avis (God rest her braggy little soul). She was my funny, and adorable aunt that loved to boast. Usually it was about her own children, but she would extend it even to nieces if the opportunity presented itself. I’ve told this story many blog posts ago, but it’s worthy of a re-tell.
At my Highschool Graduation, a monumental event indeed, my Aunt Avis was in the audience, and she was doing her thing. Since I was the star of the day, it was all about yours truly. My future husband was seated just in front of her, and couldn’t help turning himself just enough to wheedle into the middle of this glorious tale of Lisa, and her fiance’. Being sharp as a tack and as ornery as cuss, he appeared politely interested. He nodded in all the right places, until finally Aunt Avis can’t help herself:
“Do you KNOW Lisa’s fiance’?”
The question stinkerboy had been waiting for. Lisa’s fiance’ was quite amazing, as you may imagine. He went on and on, until my poor Auntie nearly fainted from the excitement of all these wonderful tales she could go regurgitate to the church ladies, other family members, and the lady that did her hair.
When, at my Graduation Reception, my handsome little liar came up and planted a big kiss on my mouth…poor Aunt Avis looked as though she had just seen a ghost.
I seriously love that story.
Let’s begin with the bragging.
I received this lovely award from my beautiful friend Steph over at A Peacock in a Robin’s Nest. Please check her out. Her Tagline is: A Fashion Infused Life. Love hard. Dress well.Pure awesome. She’s one of my kind. She asked me to do these questions. Wow. So hard for me to talk about myself. (Sarcastic font)
Favorite book? What did you learn from that book?
The Power of Your subconscious Mind I learned to create my life, and not just sit back and hope for the best.
If you get nervous when you talk to someone, what do you do?
I talk MORE, if that’s even possible. Lots of words…way too many words. And I start to blush. Poker face? What’s that?
What is the meaning of life to you?
Living it passionately and in a way that inspires others, which re-inspires me to be passionate about everything.
If you were to get a tattoo, what and where would it be?
So, I know this is totally the spot known as a TRAMP STAMP. I don’t care. Nothing says Stay-at-home mother of 3 that drives a mini-van and reads Harry Potter like a big old cool skull that sits happily between those two little dimply spots on your back.
What do you do in your spare time?
I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.
Give a goal you would like to achieve within the next year.
I want to be seeing some sort of compensation in the form of either $$$$ or Diet Coke for the words I write.
If you were to go back in time, what would you tell the 20-year-old you?
Sweetheart, you need to give up trying to learn Algebra. Yes, I know they put all the hard math classes in the best time slots, but seriously, is it that important to get all your classes done by 1:00 so that you can make it home to watch Days of Our Lives?
What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex or same-sex, whatever you are attracted to? Their ears. The lobe must be unattached and it’s a plus if there’s a tiny little earring there.
Define passion, do you have one?
Hmmmmm. I have a few. I think I answer this question later on. Stay tuned.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I know I said Italy, but that’s for later. Right now, I love right here.
Sushi and pizza, but not at the same time.
And then…guess what?! I got another little award. To be honest, I’ve gotten a few more (I am channeling Aunt Avis right now), and I’ve said thank you kindly, and then moved on. I’m sorry for my inconsistency. The one thing you can count on with me, is my crazy lack of consistency. It’s this one:
From: Finding Mindfulness
She’s a fantastical young lady. Go check her out!!!
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? For me, I have so many. Marianne Williamson’s words wrap me up like a warm blanket. Byron Katie’s words remind me to get over myself. Deepak Chopra makes me go OMMMMMM…which is good, and needed when you tend to drink copious amounts of caffeine.
2. What is your favorite number?I’ve been told my lucky number is 7, which is strange, because my birthday is on the 6th….and I tend to love the number 34 for no particular reason.
3. What is your favorite animal? I love horses, and wouldn’t you know it….I am DEATHLY allergic to them. Like…eyes and throat swell shut…get her to the ER STAT….kinda allergic. I need an allergy whisperer.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter URLs? I DO have a Facebook Page..the way it works, is I post my newest posts on there…and absolutely nobody likes or comments on them…which probably gives people the impression that I am a sad and pathetic blogger that is desparate…but I have to keep doing it….because the survey shows…it gets people over to my blog. I do not TWIT..or TWEET. I tried it once, but didn’t inhale.
5. What is your favorite time of the day? I’d have to say mornings, but not too early of mornings, and only if I’ve gotten tons of sleep. Otherwise, all bets are off.
6. What was your favorite vacation? Hands down: Italy. My husband boy booked us a trip to Tuscany for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. We stayed in the country in a little Villa called Borgo Tre Rose, minutes away from the place they filmed Twilight’s New Moon. Remember the whole Volturi scene? The running across the courtyard scene? I walked on that courtyard. Hell, I LICKED that courtyard. Anyway, I intend to live somewhere around that area we stayed in someday…I’m putting that out to the universe.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? I love walking, but should probably love running. I’m working on that. Because, let’s be real: those large pieces of chocolate cake ain’t FREE these days, ya know?
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Water. (Did you buy that?) If you did, you must be new to my blog. I’m currently in a 12 step program to get off of DIET COKE. I’m drinking one right now. As you can see, it’s not going well.
9. What is your favorite flower? I love sunflowers. LOVE them.
10. What is your passion? My passion is my family. My passion is words. My passion is clothes and shoes. My passion is music. I could go on, but as I’m guessing this was meant to have a single answer…I better not push my luck.☼
And then my dear Jenni friend gave me a booker award! I’m saving that one for its own post. There’s only so many words I can subject you to.
But wait. There’s more! (I’m saying this in my Infomercial voice. Imagine.)
You make me feel so la la la la la!!!