I don’t know how it happened, but a lovely writer started following my blog, and nominated me for an award. If you know me, you know I love and am fascinated with all things European. I sometimes refuse to talk to my children in my normal American twang, and will communicate only in my best English accent. So, I find it ironical that my wonderful new blogging friend is in fact…from the UK. This tickles me to no end. She doesn’t have any knowledge of Wal-Mart, and refers to her undies as knickers. And she’s from the land of Harry Potter. Could it get any better? Her blog is called Somersaulting Through Life. I would recommend it to all…if you read her explanation of herself….you’ll be hooked.
So my job is to tell Ten things about myself, and then nominate 6 bloggers for this award. I can easily nominate….the ten things….this is soooo hard for me. Sharing my life with others is a struggle. And if you buy that, I’ve got some ocean side property for you to look at in Arizona.
- I met the man I went on to marry at age 14. It seems a bit midevil, and old fashioned…but it works for us. We share our past, we have a fierce love for our children, and have plans to retire in Italy. Or South Dakota. It’s a toss-up.
- I am the baby of my family and have three older sisters. It’s hard to describe how loved and safe I’ve always felt, being born into the family God chose for me.
- I was born and raised in some of the most beautiful country that exists. By a Dad that treasured me like a jewel, and a Mom that inspires me to be the best person I can be, everyday of my life.
- We are currently raising three smallish children that I think are 3 angels in disguise, that answered our call. We’ve never taken them for granted, because we almost didn’t have them at all. Which turned out to be a gift.
- I connect nearly everything happening in my life to a movie, or Seinfeld. The quotes come out of my mouth before I can stop them. She’s a bit of a close talker. Like that.
- I love sushi and would feel sad indeed if it ceased to exist. I feel an instant attachment to others who love it too. A kinship.
- I love everything Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings. I truly feel these stories were dropped into the heads of the authors, by the maker of this universe to help us live a bright life in the midst of our world that can sometimes be a little dark. Expecto Patronum!!! I’m a witch.
- I’ve been making up stories for my kids even before they could really understand the english language. I have a dream of writing children’s books.
- I have a love/hate relationship with Diet Coke. I love to drink it by the gallon, but I fear it could eventually leave me well-preserved, before I wish to be preserved, if you know what I mean.
- I really do wake up every morning of my life, and wonder how I got so lucky. Except the one day that I woke up with the stomach flu.
I would like to nominate:
Twigs for Pigs. She writes hilarious posts, AND she’s only in HighSchool. A-Mazing.
Nuts and Bolts. I live vicariously though this New York girl. She travels to awesome places, and eats fancy food. And she reminds me of Sex in the City.
Everything Fitabulous. She totally inspires me with workout talk. But she covers a lot of other awesome stuff too, like shoes and Pinterest.
Vicky…the Northern Chicky. She has five kids, and she is doing a chronicle of their adventures as they move to Myrtle Beach. Bless her heart. May the force be with her.
la vie Urbane. Ok, number one, her title is in a foreign language. She gets major points for that. And it means…love where you live. Awesomeness.
and Last but not least:
Dean J. Baker. He’s a poet. Can you get any more Kreativ? I admire someone who can take a picture of a woman in the midst of getting her hair done at a beauty salon, and caption it..From Beautiful to Beauty. Simple and Perfect.
Check em all out!! I didn’t realize this world of blogging existed. I’m so glad to have found it♥